,,Design Lithuania” exhibition in Vienna
Januray 28 – March 8 Lithuanian design exhibition “A House Full of Creativity” opens at designforumWien. This exhibition presents more than 25 Lithuanian designers and design studios works – concept, furniture, lightning design, ceramics, fashion accessories, interior elements and other objects while giving a complex overview of contemporary design in Lithuania. Also, inter-war Lithuanian advertising posters are exhibited. This exhibition showcases how versatile, interesting and familiar Lithuanian design can be – how it forms a feeling of comfort, ease, coziness, yet is unique and inspiring.
We are delighted that during the opening we received a lot of visits from the Austrian Lithuanian community and the Ambassador of the Republic of Lithuania of Austria Donatas Kušlys. We thank Design Austria for the great cooperation and kind hospitality.
DESIGN LITHUANIA is a cycle of travelling Lithuanian design expositions that aim to showcase the best of both design professionals and young designers at most important design events and frontier countries in design, highlighting Lithuania’s potential and design resources.The project has been organised since 2012 by the Lithuanian Design Forum.
Project partners: DesignAustria, DesignForum Wien, Embassy of Lithuania in Vienna, Austria
The project is partly funded by the Lithuanian Council for Culture.
- KiTAIP chair ,,Pirst”
- CULT jewelry ,,Tech”
- Virūna – comoda ,,Apollo”
- Agnė Kučerenkaitė – ceramic collection ,,Ignorance is Bliss”
- Evelina Kudabaitė – interior objects ,,RAITŪZAI”
- Edu2 – light table ,,Monai”
- Muista – chair ,,Muista”
- kARTu – handbag ,,Muskatas”
- Sedes Regia – chairs ,,Pooch”
- Emko – chair Naive Low Chair, lamp ,,SUNrise/set”
- CULSIUS273 jewelry collection ,,Milk and salt”
- INDI lamp ,,Kabo”
- IDDO console „Flex“, hanger ,,Frame”
- MARCH reflective sweatshirt
- Morta Nakaitė – collection ,,Visions Down the River”
- Agota Rimšaitė – lamp ,,JUNTS”
- Justinas Žlioba – chair ,,CURVE”
- Juozas Brundza – lamp ,,Tasty”
- Greta Unguvaitytė – urn collection
- Austėja Šeputė – collection „(ne)duodu-(ne)gaunu”
- Kristijonas Stikleris – armchair ,,Telekomas”
- Pušku Pušku – bean bag ,,UP!”
- LinenMe – linen textile
- Vita Vaitiekūnaitė – lamp ,,Kompozitorius”
- Little Optimistic – ,,Urban Soviet” tiles
- Lithuanian Institute of Culture – book „How the Future King of England Ate Peacock in Vilnius”